Cooking Oil (coconut) x 2 Tbsp
Onions x 2 small or 1 large
Red Curry Paste x 1 Tbsp (see pictured)
Chicken Thigh Cutlets x 1.25kg
Coconut Cream x 1/2 Can
Water x 1.5 Cups
Palm Sugar x 20g
Fish Sauce x 1 tsp
Carrot x 2
Green Beans x 1 Cup
Red Capsicum x 1 large
1.Heat oil in a big pan. Add onions and cook until browned.
2. In the meantime chop up your veges you want approx 3 cups (cup of each vege). Choose seasonal veges of different colours and cut them differently to make your curry more interesting. (Last week I used broccoli, carrot and courgettes). Remove excess fat off the chicken and chop into larger than bite size pieces (leave the bone it tastes better!).
3. Once onions are browned add curry paste and allow to cook for a few minutes.
4. Mix chicken into the pan and cover with the curry paste as much as possible. Cover and allow to cook away for about 5mins. This will allow a gravy to form.
5. Mix the chicken and allow to cover for a few more minutes or until the chicken is pretty much cooked through.
6. Pour in coconut cream and water.
7. Add palm sugar and fish sauce and allow the curry to simmer away for approx 10 minutes untill heated through. Season with salt if needed at this stage.
8. Turn the stove off and stir in veges (this will mean they don't over cook). Cover and allow to sit for 5mins which will cook them just enough!
Serve up as is if you're wanting to be grain free or a bit of rice if you wish!
The curry paste pictured is the best I've come across! All ingredients are herbs and spices!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Just another health and fitness professional putting in their 2 cents. 2 cents may be all you need one day.