I wanted to make something that would be good as a snack when I was feeling peckish so I made this loaf. But, I think it'll make a pretty sweet protein hit for breakfast, lunch or dinner too!
Prep Time: 20mins
Bake Time: 40mins
4 x baby potatoes
4 x streaky bacon
2 cloves garlic
1 cup spinach leaves
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180degC.
2. Chop up bacon into pieces and cook in hot skillet/pan until golden and crispy. Remove bacon but leave bacon fat to cook potatoes.
3. Slice potatoes into 0.5cm thick slices. Place in skillet, season with salt and allow to cook for 10mins flipping once.
4. Add sliced onions and garlic and cook for further 5mins. Mix in bacon and remove from heat.
5. Grease a loaf tin. And place potatoes, bacon and onion mix at bottom of tin. Top with spinach leaves.
6. Whisk eggs with dash of milk add salt and pepper to taste. Pour eggs into tin.
7. Sprinkle over pumpkin seeds. Bake for 40mins.
8. Remove from oven once cooked through and allow to sit for 5mins. This will make it easier for the loaf to come out of the tin cleanly.
9. Slice to preferred thickness. About 1cm thick.
Just another health and fitness professional putting in their 2 cents. 2 cents may be all you need one day.