It's important to eat in season. That is, when choosing what fruit and vegetable to eat, choose those that are naturally growing in the season you are in. When you eat in season it means you can eat cheap too, because the foods you are eating aren't being imported from the other side of the world.
Here's an easy grilled salad you literally can throw together with little effort or cooking experience!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20mins
1 x Eggplant
2 x Courgette/Zucchini
2 x Capsicum (red/yellow)
1 x Bunch Asparagus
8 x Button Mushrooms
2 x Chicken Breasts
2 x Avocado
1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1 tsp Chilli Flakes
1. Prepare the veges; rinse and slice eggplant and courgette lengthwise (approx 1cm thick), quarter capsicum. Cut an inch off the bottom of the asparagus bunch and discard, cut remaining in half or thirds.. Keep Mushrooms whole.
2. Place each vegetable in the George Foreman for approx 5 mins each, remove and sprinkle with salt, let rest to allow excess water to come away from veges. Once all veges are cooked you can cut the veges into large chunky bits.
3. Cook chicken in George for approx 10 mins, or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Slice up chicken breasts and mix up the veges and chicken.
5. Plate up and serve with half an avocado each, garnish with sesame and pumpkin seeds and chilli flakes for an extra kick.
Just another health and fitness professional putting in their 2 cents. 2 cents may be all you need one day.