By now you've all tried or heard of the magical 2 eggs and one banana pancakes. If not, you basically mash one banana (brown) with two eggs and use this as a pancake batter! Magic. So I thought I'd use these basic ingredients and try to make muffins instead.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20mins
2 Ripe Bananas
2 Tablespoons Flour (I used coconut flour but I'm sure any type you like will work)
1 Serve Protein (I used Clean Lean Chocolate Protein)
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
12 Pecans to garnish.
1. Peel and roughly mash bananas with a fork.
2. Mash in flour, protein, cinnamon, baking powder and vanilla.
3. Mix in eggs and stir well.
4. Place 2 tablespoons of the muffin mix into a greased/silicon muffin tray and top with a pecan or nut of your choice.
5. Bake for 20mins.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from tray.
This recipe will work with just the banana, eggs, flour and baking powder. The protein, cinnamon, and vanilla just adds taste as well as a protein boost and the pecan just makes it look prettier.
Just another health and fitness professional putting in their 2 cents. 2 cents may be all you need one day.